Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Questions For Bible Study

I once ran across an old bulletin article written by the late Franklin Camp in 1968. It was about personal Bible study using ten questions. These questions are based on private study of a chapter of the Bible. They are designed to promote introspection on your part and to help you handle the things you may face each day. I want to share these questions with you today.

1. What is the principle subject of the chapter?
2. What is the most important lesson? (for you)
3. What is the most impressive verse to me? (memorize it)
4. Who are the main persons in the chapter?
5. Is there anything in the chapter about Christ?
6. Is there any example for me to follow?
7. Is there any error to avoid?
8. Is there any duty to perform?
9. Is there any promise to claim?
10. Is there any prayer with petitions (prayers) that apply to my special needs?

Brother Camp was a brilliant man! Remember, these are designed to help you in your own personal, private Bible study. The more you apply it to your own circumstances and needs, the more it will benefit you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Steve. I kind of forgot that you have a blog, but I noticed the link on Courtney's facebook and clicked on over. I have now added it to my favorites and intend to stop by more often. Thanks for this post--I think it will ve very beneficial for me in my studies. Have a great day!