Thursday, April 26, 2007

Geronimo...!

I have to confess that this is a real learning experience for me. This week, I learned about this blogging site from Adam Faughn. Adam did a wonderful job preaching a series of lessons for our Gospel Meeting in Doniphan. The next thing I know, I am getting ready to jump into the "blogoshpere." It feels like standing on the edge of a dark abyss and then taking that terminal step that hurls you into the unknown depths of cyberspace. But then again, all of life is like that! There is a first time for every endeavor we attempt.

There are so many who never take a chance or step out of their "comfort zone." To do something new and challenging, requires effort and risk. Living the Christian life is much like this. It takes courage to make the initial step to become a Christian and leave the old life one had been living. It takes courage for the young (and old) Christian to go against the influences of their peers. It takes courage to stand up in front of a congregation to lead in a worship service. It takes courage to talk to a friend about Jesus. Yet, we cannot live our lives in fear. We cannot always cling to a life of comfort and ease.

Of course, comfort and ease never accomplished anything of real value. So here we go. I hope this site will be able to enrich your life by informing and encouraging. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Des said...

You have crossed over to the dark side. I am afraid, I am very afraid.