Monday, April 12, 2010

Get Out of the Way!

A man was once visiting a farmer and asked, "Does your mule ever kick you?" "No Sir," was the reply, "he hasn't yet, but he frequently kicks the place where I recently was."
Temptation is like that, and we would do well to learn from this farmers wisdom. The best way to avoid being "kicked" by sin is to not be there. That is what David did when Saul tried to kill him. "And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice" (1 Sam. 18:11).
So it is with us. One of the best ways to avoid harm, trouble, or even sin is to get out of the way!

4 comments:

Tom Stanford said...

I enjoy your blog.
Tom in Tennessee

Tom Stanford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

Steve, I haven't been on my blog in a lot time, it is good to see you have been on yours! I was wondering if you still had the ABC's of Acts. I remember it was a series you did a long time ago. I am teaching a class in a couple of weeks and wanted to include it. If you still have it could you email it to me at sean_gearson@hotmail.com

Thanks

Hybrid said...

You have a great blog here.

Follow me @ http://twitter.com/thinkhybrid